Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vision, Essence, and Flow

Many old age ago now, I was running and had an penetration that became the foundation of what I name The Science of Originality. I had been picture that day. During the run, I wondered about what the enactment of picture gives me. Why make I paint? It came to me that picture conveys me vision. That may look obvious. But sometimes the obvious things are also profound. This was to me and got me to thinking, still on the run, about the other mass media that I work with. If picture conveys vision, what makes writing bring?

That took a small while - but not too long - for me to calculate out. I was still on the run. A good clip to have got thoughts is on such as a thing as a run, where the blood is pumping hard. The encephalon and its nerve cells love that difficult pumping blood.

Writing conveys me essence. That do sense, right? The best authorship is writing that offerings substance: essence. The best pictures are pictures that offering vision: that explosive, flashy, and fulgurant energy. Paintings don't have got to literally be jazzy and flashy. I trust you cognize what I intend here. A good picture vibrates with life. A good book (not the good book, although we could include that) can vibrate with life. But what we desire more than out of a book is pure substance: essence. Just the facts, Ma'am.

Then I thought about my music. I was still running. By this clip I was about to turn around on my tally and caput back home. I still had plenty of clip to believe these ideas about creativeness and art.

Music conveys me flow. Actually, I knew right off that music brought flow. I knew that before I hit on authorship bringing me essence. But I held off the thought. It went like this:

Painting conveys essence. Wow! What makes writing bring? Oh, yeah, music conveys me flow. What makes writing bring? Writing brings...essence! Wow! Oh, and music, it conveys flow... Yeah, that's right. Music, flow, yeah...

So I actually realized that music gave me flowing before I hit on authorship bringing essence. Later, though, as I contemplated my findings, I realized that the originative procedure moves from vision to kernel to flow, and then back to vision again to reiterate the process. I came to name this fantastic procedure that, for me, beautifully described the phases of the originative process, as VEF: vision, essence, and flow.

You get with a vision. You give that vision substance. Thus, you travel to essence. As your vision dialogues with the matter you discover, you travel to flow, the Communion of vision, essence, and the 3rd piece, the human relationship or labor union of vision and essence, which is flow.

What I believe is especially neat about this narrative is that my full philosophy, which I name the Science of Originality, all began with a vision about vision. I love that.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?